Monday, April 8, 2013

TEACH ME GOD (Poem)



TEACH ME GOD
                     
              God lover of my soul:
                Teach me to be a flame,
                  A flame that reflects your love.
                Teach me to look for beauty in all the world,
                  Because all you make, has beauty.
            
 
              God creator of Heaven:
                Teach me to see your will in my life,
                  To do things that lift you up.
                Teach me to help someone in need,
                  To refrain from predjudice and injustice.
 
 
              God Lord of my life:
                Teach me to be open to change,
                  To be open to new ideas.
                Teach me to pray and to praise you,
                  To be greatful to be happy, to have faith in you.
 
 
              God gracious and divine:
                Teach me to forgive,
                Teach me...
                  To be like You!

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this poem my senior year in High School. I actually wrote it in Spanish first for my Spanish Class. But I translated it back to English.

    ReplyDelete