Monday, April 8, 2013

STANDING BENEATH THE WEDDING TREE (POEM)

We have a tree in our yard.  We as a family call it The Wedding Tree.  Three seasons out of the year it is unremarkable.  But in the spring it bears the most beautiful white blooms.  And then the blooms turn pink and fall to the ground.  It's a magical experience to stand beneath this tree and watch the blooms fall.


Standing beneath the Wedding Tree
 
Gossamer strands of pink and white fall quietly to the earth
Peace envelopes my consciousness I’m filled with a feeling of mirth.
 
I stare in wonder and awe as each strand kisses the ground,
I watch with the eyes of a child as the strands float all around.
 
I am transported to somewhere I had forgotten long ago,
I am taken to a place that I wish once again to know.
 
I hold my breath as time stops everything is quiet and at peace,
I am filled with elation,  it seems that the moment will never cease.
 
I float on a feeling of rapture just like the gossamer strands falling free,
For a moment I let it all go, I allow myself to be truly me.
 
I am light as a feather and now I have no chains that bind
To unhappiness and reality I find I have become blind.
 
And then I feel a tug, a slight pull, a sweet little call
I look into the eyes of my children as they watch the strands fall.
 
And I’m moved by the happy picture that shines on their awe filled faces
And I know that they too have been transported therel to one of my favorite places.

 
And I’m satisfied with just being, satisfied with this precious moment in time,
I know that at this moment, the world is right. It is filled with music and rhyme.
 
And the very best part of this moment is the fact that I can share,
I can share with my children, this moment both treasured and rare.
 
And when I am not with them, they can recall this moment together,
This moment will be remembered, and cherished between us forever.

End Note:  Like My Marriage, The Wedding Tree is no More.  It was cut down.  But I shall cherish the memory forever.  I found a similiar tree in SL with the blooms floating down.  It made me happy to once again to stand beneath the Wedding Tree...  *smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment