Tuesday, July 10, 2012

PROMISES (POEM)

PROMISES

There is no tomorrow,
There is only today,
So if you want to hurt me,
You need only say,
I promise.


I don't believe in promises,
I don't believe it's real,
I don't believe in forever,
I just go with what I feel,
No more promises.


I do believe in feelings,
But I don't believe they last,
I do believe in new beginnings,
But they soon become the past,
They fade like promises.


I wish that love was forever,
I wish it was without end,
By experience has taught me well,
Feelings in time will tear and rend,
Just broken promises.


I want to live in the moment,
To revel in here and now,
That is all I have,
There is nothing I can vow,
Just empty promises.


Perhaps someday I'll believe again,
Someday I can trust,
Someday my motivations will be driven,
By more than fear and lust,
But I make no promises!



1 comment: