Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Significance (POEM)


Significance

Why have you left me here all alone?
Only ripples in a pond left,
A word on the tip of my tongue,
A thought almost remembered,

I call out for you, are you dead?
No answer only silence,
Everything is deathly still,
I wait to feel your breath,

I scream to break the silence.
My scream is swallowed.
No sound reaches my ears.
What should I do?

I throw myself to the floor.
I am having a tantrum like a child.
I kick and scream and writhe in agony.
Still it does not break the silence.

I am desperate,
I sigh in frustration.
The sound rattles the ground.
Buildings crumble into dust.
The noise is deafening.

JenRid

.

1 comment:

  1. We never know the significance we have to another person. We never know what our actions may bring about. But everything we do, think, see, feel has significance to someone.

    ReplyDelete