Friday, April 25, 2014

Safe Inside My Mind (POEM)



Safe Inside My Mind


wrapped up in a borrowed blanket resting my head
on a borrowed pillow sleeping on the floor
I find more peace here than in my memory foam,
mattressed, satin sheeted bed where I sleep
all alone
I know it is not my space
I know you don't really want me here
But sleeping in your floor I can pretend
I can feel safe
protected
and cared for
I don't feel so alone
even though you never join me here
I feel your presence,
 feel the sense of you
that invades this tiny space
and the fact that you let me stay
and never complain that I am imposing
makes this space more precious
makes me want to stay longer
it doesn't matter that it's all in my mind
that I close my eyes to pretend  it's a real
space I can hide in
it feels as real to me as the
tears that flow down my face
when I wake up the next day
safe and secure in my empty bed

No comments:

Post a Comment