Friday, April 25, 2014

Eradication (POEM)





ERADICATION

Aeons of disappointment,
Weary of the light,
I wish to be extinguished,
To burn myself out,
To hide myself in darkness,
 
Sweet oblivion!
 
So many before,
So many choices,
But none have created the spark,
No consuming fire,
Only embers,
Brief fires, brief respite,
But no quenching fire,
The world is as it was again,
No phoenix rises from the ashes. 
 
I long for a new world,
A fire to burn me inside out,
To burn anyone that comes in my path,
To cleanse them in the searing fire,
To forge a new world,
To set ablaze my heart and mind. 
 
Consummation a furious white heat,
Red hot embers smolder at the scorching kiss,
It spawns A Phoenix to rise from the ashes,
More powerful than the creature before,
The whole is greater than the sum of the predecessor.
 
Engulfed in searing flame,
Branded by the frenzied proclivity,
Radiated by the simmering voracity,
Everything burns in its wake. 
 
How little defense my battered heart,
I fear there is no escape and all will be consumed,
I am engulfed I rise to discover,
Only that which is fireproof remains,
My fire is not gone,
Fire cannot burn fire no matter how hot it burns. 
 
I realize that when fire met fire the union  produced,
An immense blaze burning away the superfluous relics
I clung to.
Only the pure basic primal instincts remained,
The core the fundamental components that,
Encased my being, my true heart and soul,
Endured. 
 
And now I begin again!

No comments:

Post a Comment