Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Jen Trouble Shooting Guide (POEM?)

A Jen Trouble Shooting Guide




If I get quiet and distant I probably feel insignificant
and I need to know I matter to you.

If I get bitchy and try to push you away, you're too close
and I'm scared.
 
If I get insecure and worry too much, if you can, be patient with me.
If I get over the top crazy and bouncing off the walls joking, most likely I am really sad and trying to shake off the blues.
If I ask you for a lot of feedback, your opinion matters to me. 
If I cry, hold me.
If I am ridiculous, don't laugh at me.
If I do something right, tell me.
If I give you my word, believe it.
If I am funny, laugh.
If I doubt myself, believe in me.
If I make myself vulnerable to you, don't reject me.
If I give you my heart, even if you can't accept it, don't break it when you give it back to me.
If I bring myself to care about you, it takes a lot to make me stop.
If you make a promise to me, keep it.
If I love you, I want the best for you, even if I am not it.
If I have a heavy heart, remind me of my blessings.
If I have a tale to tell, If I have a song to sing, listen.
If I smile at you, smile back.
If I try to get your attention, don't ignore me.
If I draw closer to you, don't push me away.
If I open myself up to you, don't shut me out.
If I trust you enough to show you who I am, don't try to change me.

Basically... love with me,laugh with me, live with me, enjoy me as I am or set me free so I can find someone who can!

1 comment:

  1. Someone special prompted me to write this "instruction manual." It was good for me to get this all out.

    ReplyDelete