Sunday, June 17, 2012

Never Take Travel Advice from My Brother! (Adventure)

So my brother Roz told me about this cool place he went to...  Innsmouth.  Said I'd like the rural surroundings, love coastal New England this time of year, said I needed a break from all the stress I'd been under.  And... it was cheap!  I was sold.

At first glance it looked GREAT!

I checked into my room at the bed and breakfast I was staying at.  It was quite a bit more run down than I was prepared for but... I'm no snob.  I could rough it.  I needed peace and quiet and there was that in abundance right??
The solitude was just what I needed.  Who needs tv, computers, running water?!  O_O

After being bored to... I mean basking in my me time, I decided to go explore the place.
Did the place seem darker and creepier than when I got here?  Hmmmm must be my imagination!


I decided the best place to go to get to know the place was a bar.  And luckily I found one right away!
The service was kind of slow and I didn't like the way the barkeep was looking at me, but nothing bad happened so I decided to catch a movie.

Boy these people like all things aquatic.  Fish, waves, and frog designs everywhere!  It was nice and all but a bit much.  As I left the movie theatre I saw a man sitting on the curb.  I sat down beside him and we had a nice chat.  He told me I seemed like a nice girl and maybe I should leave town.  I asked him why but he just walked away.  He looked back at me and said sadly, "Leave, while you can!"

So that really creeped me out but it also made me curious.  I decided to look around this town and see what I could find.  I found this boarded up place with locked doors.  So yeah... I HAD to get in.  I looked inside and this is what I saw!
Looks like they worshipped fish or frogs or something... weird!  I decided to look around the town a bit more... I was drawn to a glowing green light...  WHAT WAS THAT?

Before I could figure it out, I heard a terrifying noise.  I should have just ran then but I had to know what was making that sound.  When I saw what it was I did run!
Unfortunately I didn't run fast enough.  I fell and hit my head.  One of the creature's minions captured me.

I woke up strapped to a table.  What in the world was going on?
I struggled with all my might.  I don't know if the restraints were old or weak or if adrenaline just made me that strong but I got free and I ran!  I opened a door trying to find a way out and was horrified by what I saw...

I did NOT want to know what happened in that room.  I was desperate to get out.  I ran thru the house like a madwoman.  In my haste I knocked over a lamp and set the whole house on fire!  I barely escaped the flames with my life!!

I ran as fast I could.  I ran all the way to the coast without thinking what I was doing.  I saw a boat in the water.  The man that hours earlier had told me to leave was manning the boat.  "GET IN," he yelled!  He didn't have to tell me twice.  As we floated away from that horrible place, I had so many questions.  I wasn't sure if I even wanted to know the answers.  But the one thing I did know was...  I WAS GOING TO KILL ROZ!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment