Friday, August 9, 2013

The Woman In the Mirror (POEM)



The Woman in the Mirror

who is this woman
staring at me in the mirror
what happened to the carefree spirit
the silly wacky weirdo that lived in this body
what bondage, what spell was I under?
Why did I give it all to someone who never cared
And now there is no way I will ever be vindicated
No way to ever make things right
I just have to take it
Just have to deal and go on
I want to find that lovely happy girl again
I want all that love and joy to flow freely once again
I search for her, is she still there
Should I mourn her and go on
Try to forge something good from the ashes
or can I rekindle the fire
Will she ever smile at me again in the mirror
Or will I always see this sad pale face
reproaching me for what was
and what I let happen
I want her back, I want to be free
I want that untamed, unbridled, passionate creature
to blink and stare and be pleased with her reflection
to feel satisfied with all she is and resigned to what she is not

No comments:

Post a Comment